Riverside Brokerage Services, Account Manager
Riverside Brokerage Services is a wholly owned in-house brokerage of Millers Mutual with two main objectives. The first is to provide Millers Mutual agency partners access to additional products and programs that complement Millers Mutual’s Businessowners Policy (BOP) by helping to improve retention, risk profiles and book profitability. Additionally, Riverside Brokerage Services provides access to Millers Mutual products for agents without a direct appointment with Millers. As an arm of Millers Mutual, you’ll become part of a passionate team that values humility, company-wide leadership, and trust, and sees culture as core to its ability to empower our agents to become a reassuring force in the lives of their customers.
As an Account Manager at Riverside, our agents will depend on you as Millers Mutual is known for our singular commitment to multifamily housing, making us the carrier reliable in both appetite and approach to pricing. In this position you will work directly with our agents, Millers underwriters and other insurance partners to quote, issue and maintain a book of business. You will be a part of a team that gives agents the consistency their business demands and the confidence they can stake their relationships on.
In line with our lead from anywhere philosophy, you’ll be expected to use your sharp decision-making skills for risk review and clearance of new business submissions. Furthermore, we ask that you prioritize providing prompt, accurate, courteous, and professional services to our insureds’, customer prospects, agencies, sales representatives, fellow employees, and insurance companies.
Additionally, you will be involved in various tasks necessary to provide an exceptional customer experience including but not limited to accounting and balancing of production and commission statements, working directly with leadership, and working with agents and team members to provide marketing and training support. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills, exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with agents in recommending type of proposal required for new business and/or renewal, acceptable pricing, and terms, within underwriting authority, and make sure proposal is completed accurately and on-time.
- Delivers quotes, terms, and conditions to the agent. Have ongoing negotiations with the agent until the new and renewal order is received and then sends the new business/renewal to be processed.
- As assigned and within established authority, effectively write and retain profitable business aligned with department objectives
- Assist underwriting at all levels to analyze, pre-qualify and evaluate risk, recognizing exposures to make sound underwriting decisions on risk acceptability, risk management, coverage alternatives, and changes in insured’s operations at time of renewal.
- Notifies agents of adverse decisions, underwriting requirements, status, and declinations. Answers questions from agencies, policyholders or other external contacts and escalates issues to management as necessary. Negotiates with agents to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
- Responsible for overseeing the correct issuance of all documentation pertaining to the transaction including, but not limited to invoicing, policy review and binding.
- Provide underwriting efforts to develop and maintain book of business submitted by agents to achieve profitability goals to include Individual risk underwriting decisions, Underwriting strategy, and book management.
- Work on renewals as far in advance as possible: including coverage checklist, secure updated exposure information, request quotes from carriers, prepare proposals.
- Maintain and build upon appropriate business relationships with various constituencies, including but not limited to fellow employees, agents, and vendors.
- Document all discussions with insured’s regarding coverage decisions.
- Recommend excess and surplus coverage, as needed to meet client insurance needs. Educate agents as to coverage limitation and document discussions.
- Check and process audits and dividend calculations on a timely basis.
- Build a strong working relationship with agents to solicit recommendations, and pricing and/or perform these duties on larger or more complex risks
- Contribute feedback to the management team, discussing issues, developing efficiencies, and identifying and assisting in resolving conflicts.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, to include Property/Casualty License.
- Two to five years of Property/Casualty insurance experience.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverage, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and underwrite assigned client and prospect lists.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision.
- Ability to interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills.
- Must keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverage, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
In the aftermath of the unforeseen, with Riverside and Millers Mutual as their partner, agents can have the peace that comes from knowing loss doesn’t have to be permanent. The ability to lead from any position, humility, trustworthiness, and passion are all immovable facets of Millers and Riverside employees. If this sounds like you, we’d love to know more about you! Please submit your cover letter and resume to Karen Anuscavage, Vice President of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.