Please review this information carefully
Important information for your use of our website.
- Personal information is only disclosed when we are permitted to do so by law, and only when it is deemed necessary in the course of our insurance business.
- We will not disclose or sell information to other companies for marketing purposes.
What kinds of information do we collect and from whom do we collect it?
We collect information necessary to manage our business, service policies, and handle claims. Some examples of the kinds of information we collect and from whom we collect it include:
- Information provided by you on applications or other forms, and any other information you provide in writing, over the telephone, in person, or by any other means and may include your address, telephone number, social security number, and bank or credit card account numbers.
- Information about your transactions with us and may include loss history, payment history, account balances and policy information.
- Information we receive from inspection reports, credit reports and other consumer report information. This might include information on prior insurance claims or on credit history.
How do we use information?
Information that has been collected is retained in either our policy records or in your independent agent’s files and may be used for the following purposes:
- To determine eligibility for certain insurance products and to underwrite and service your insurance policies.
- To handle your claims. We may provide your name, address, coverage limits, and other pertinent information to claims adjusters in the event of a loss.
- To service your accounts and ensure proper billing.
- If coverage is declined, or if the charge for coverage is increased because of information contained in a consumer report we obtained, we will tell you as required by state law and the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. We also give you the name and address of the consumer reporting agency making the report.
To whom do we disclose information about you?
We will not disclose information about you unless it is necessary to conduct our insurance business, and we only do so as permitted by law. Some examples of people and organizations with whom we may share information include:
- Your independent agent or broker.
- Organizations that perform a business or insurance function for us including property inspection companies, independent claim adjusters, reinsurance companies and market research companies.
- Other insurance companies, agents or consumer reporting agencies in connection with any application, policy or claim.
- Law enforcement agencies, fraud prevention personnel or agencies, or other authorized persons as ordered by subpoena, warrant or other court order.
- Rate advisory organizations, insurance regulatory agencies, and our attorneys, accountants, and auditors.
- Mortgagees, lienholders, loss payees, or other persons you have designated with a legal or beneficial interest, or who is acting in a fiduciary capacity on your behalf.
How do we protect the confidentiality of your information?
We adhere to industry and regulatory standards to protect the information customers and agents provide to us throughout the insurance management life cycle. This includes restricting physical and electronic access to personal information about you to our employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal regulations to guard your personal information. For example:
- We work with third party cyber security organizations that monitor our electronic infrastructure 24/7/365 for any potential security threats. We also have third party organizations test the strength of our environment to limit unauthorized access.
- We utilize SSL certificates to encrypt traffic on our public websites.
3815 TecPort Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17111