More room to grow
An environment that fosters growth
We’ve been helping people and providing more than a measure of peace of mind for over 120 years. And we owe every bit of our success to a talented team of driven professionals – people who care about their work, care about our reputation, and care about making sure the highest level of protection is always wrapped in the warmest blanket of security and integrity.
Millers Mutual provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race or ethnic group, religion, color, ancestry, place of birth, sex or sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
At Millers Mutual Insurance, we recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
If you want to do more than just the basic stuff, make your mark and go further in your career, this is the place. Take a look at our current openings and if you see a good fit, apply. We’d love to talk to you.
We are looking for a Riverside Customer Service Rep. Duties include but not limited to:
Essential Job Functions:
- Work on renewals as far in advance as possible: including coverage checklist, secure updated exposure information, request quotes from carriers, prepare proposals.
- Pre-qualify and evaluate prospects’ coverage needs.
- Prepare rating quotes and proposals for account manager.
- Document all discussions with insured’s regarding coverage decisions.
- Complete applications for insurance and obtain insured signature. Submit to eligible and appropriate carriers and follow up to ensure timely receipt of policies or quotations.
- Prepare summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals.
- Assist clients in submitting first reports of claims. Obtain adjustors or visits from agency staff, facilitate prompt response from company staff and follow up on claims status to keep insured informed and to work toward settlement of claims.
- Validate accuracy and coverage adequacy of policies. Request changes to correct errors and follows up with company to ensure corrections and/or policy changes are completed.
- Process incoming mail request and respond promptly and appropriately.
- Verify accuracy of all direct bill cancellation notices and take appropriate action.
- Prepare and invoice binders prior to ex-date.
- Receive and process endorsement request from and to the insured.
- Make sure certificates of insurance are processed in a timely fashion (within 48 hours of receipt of request).
- Maintain the accuracy of data in the agency management system
- Answer phones and respond to customer requests.
- Perform special requests and projects.
- Maintain a valid Property and Casualty License.
- High school diploma or equivalent, to include Property/Casualty License
- Two to five years of Property/Casualty insurance experience.
- Knowledge of Applied Epic Management System.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverage, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and underwrite assigned client and prospect lists.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills.
- Must keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverage, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
We are looking for an Underwriting Technical Assistant. Duties include but not limited to:
Essential Job Functions:
- Issue Renewal Policies for all product lines as instructed by Underwriter
- Process new system policy conversions
- Process endorsements for all product lines
- Process cancellations and reinstatements
- Process Renewal and Endorsement quotes as instructed by Underwriter
- Apply facultative reinsurance as required.
- Process production items assigned to workbaskets per established goals
- Obtain guidance/direction from Production Lead on questions/problems to avoid production delays.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and work well within a team environment.
- Self-starter; proactive, resilient, optimistic, strong bias for identifying solutions rather than problems.
- Ability to readily adapt to workflow/production changes, manage delays and unexpected events.
We are passionate about serving our clients, developing our professionals and giving back to our communities. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, we are interested in hearing from you.