More room to grow
An environment that fosters growth
We’ve been helping people and providing more than a measure of peace of mind for over 120 years. And we owe every bit of our success to a talented team of driven professionals – people who care about their work, care about our reputation, and care about making sure the highest level of protection is always wrapped in the warmest blanket of security and integrity.
Millers Mutual provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race or ethnic group, religion, color, ancestry, place of birth, sex or sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
At Millers Mutual Insurance, we recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
If you want to do more than just the basic stuff, make your mark and go further in your career, this is the place. Take a look at our current openings and if you see a good fit, apply. We’d love to talk to you.
Analyze general liability to determine coverage benefits due; to ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within company standards and industry best practices; and to identify complexities and issue within claims and negotiate proper settlements in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Knowledge of both liability coverages.
- Investigate, evaluate and resolve general liability claims following Claims best practices
- Review and apply specific claim guidelines, insurance policies and endorsements
- Diary files, as appropriate, determine and document a next action plan with each review of the file
- Execute thorough claim investigations; scene inspections, recorded statements, secure relative documentation / information
- Produce a professional report, providing your findings and recommendation for claim resolution
- Deliver work product within specified guidelines
- Urgency exhibited in response to clients, policyholders and coworkers
- Maintain professional and technical insurance industry knowledge through continuing education
- Flexibility in claim scheduling outside of normal business hours including travel
- Attendance at periodic legal proceedings which could include travel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- BA/BS Degree or minimum of 5-7 years of relevant GL adjusting experience. In lieu of Degree must be 5-7 years
- Currently hold or actively working toward insurance-related designation in CPCU, AIC, etc. a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written, as well as interpersonally with individuals and groups in a variety of situations
- Demonstrates solid negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze insurance risk to determine acceptability including policy language, various methodologies, and reinsurance
- Ability to use/learn job related Technology
- Ability to devise business solutions to problems, implements the most appropriate resolutions, and monitor its effectiveness
- Ability to make decisions with minimal supervision and keeping leader informed
- Ability to multi-task
- Written communications
- Customer focus
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Decision quality
- Problem solving
- Works independently
We are passionate about serving our clients, developing our professionals and giving back to our communities. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, we are interested in hearing from you.